Spaghetti and (Veggie) Meatballs!




No back story here... Just something I loved the original version of, that I wanted to cook a vegetarian version for Anant...
.
The meatballs are made of soy (they're store bought from Co-op).
I made the sauce with lots of chopped vine tomatoes, garlic, a splash of balsamic, salt and freshly ground black pepper.

After adding garlic, I added small dices of aubergine and zucchini as well. I also added sundried tomatoes (ant's favourite) and black olives (my favourite) in the end, right before adding the meat balls.

The method is as follows:

Defrost the meatballs or bring them to room temperature.

Olive oil + chopped garlic + zucchini + aubergine. Sauté. Add chopped vine tomatoes. Cook. Add balsamic vinegar. Salt, freshly ground black pepper. Cook. Add sundried tomatoes and olives. Mix well. Add meatballs to the sauce and simmer for a few minutes.

Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt, if possible, while you're cooking the sauce.

.

Its best if you can cook your spaghetti simultaneously while you finish cooking your sauce, so you can have piping hot spaghetti and meatballs.. You can a few sprigs of basil and grated parmesan too.... Unfortunately I didn't have either due to the lockdown, so had to make do without them... #kulinarykapers . .

Comments