The Most Straightforward Chocolate Pudding







Undoubtedly, this is by far the most straightforward chocolate pudding recipe I have ever made. This is more of a pudding cake and goes amazingly well with vanilla ice-cream. This is not my own recipe and I don't see why a perfectly doable and tasty recipe required any changes. This one is from Cafe Delites, and Karina definitely knows what she's talking about!

Yes I do have a background background story behind this, and whether you like it or not, I will share that πŸ˜‰ and of course you can choose to skip it 😜- yeah so what made me bake a chocolate pudding in the first place?
One, I had some really nice (and expensive) Madagascan vanilla ice-cream in my fridge and I thought it deserved more respect than having it as is.
Two, I made this on the Indian festival of Holi, when my friends posted pics of hash brownies... obviously that was enough to get me going on brownie recipes.
Three, it was a cheat day of my " I am a 100% Vegan" phase, but I had no eggs so I could only bake something that required only butter.
Four, I wanted to use up my cocoa powder.

So if you still chose to skip my kickass background story, you only need to know that the gooeyness of the cake and the fudge should be motivation enough to make this recipe πŸ˜„and here are the ingredients:

For the chocolate cake:
Refined flour/all purpose flour/maida - 1 cup
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 2tsp
Salt - 1/4tsp
Milk - 3/4 cup
Butter (unsalted) - 1/4 cup, melted
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp

For the fudge sauce:
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 3tbsp
Boiling water - 1&1/4 cup

Okay you got all the ingredients together. What next?

Preheat the over to 180 degree celcius.

Start with the cake first -
Sieve all the dry ingredients and mix them together.
Add the wet ingredients to it. Whisk them (or use a fork) well to make the mixture smooth and fairly lump free.
Pour this mixture into your baking tin. I coated mine with a little bit of butter at the bottom and on the sides.

For the fudge sauce, simply combine the sugars and the cocoa powder together. With a spoon or with your fingers spread this mixture evenly all over the cake mix. Make sure it has been evenly spread all over, but DON'T mix it!

Now boil water and evenly spread it all over the sugar/cocoa mixture . Make sure you cover all the dry mixture with the boiling water. Don't mix it with the dry mixture, just let it sit on top.

Now place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. If your over has a glass door, you will see the cake mixture slowly bubbling from the bottom - you still need to resist the temptation to open the oven and taste it!!!

This is how it looks like in the beginning...


This is how it looks like when it is almost done!


Once done, remove it from the oven, and let it cool for about 10 minutes and serve it with vanilla ice cream for the ultimate foodgasm! ;)

It may not be looking great, but the taste is so heavenly that you won't mind the look!


Comments